Saturday, 15 July 2006

eclectic







Once again I am back to NJC_LT5 but not to attend physics/math/chem lecture. Sitting on the lefthand side of the longtimenosee lecture theatre while holding the nicely printed programme booklet, ya I’m back to the harmoc world where I used to have damn a lot of fun. ;)

I like the idea of having ties with different colour for different section [harmoc] coz many still think that harmoc band is juz a band which everyone plays the same instrument. I like angklung costumes too. Will try to get one. Hehheh.

The starting was quite cool. Apachi : Chromatic harmoc. octave harmoc. angklung. double bass. piano. pianica. drum. kompang. percussion stuff combine together and boom! Haha. Nicely arranged. Then followed by Harmoc segment. Angklung segment. Interval. Harmoc segment with duet and solo. Angklung segment featuring pro-flute, gendang and gambus player plus NJ malaydance. Then finale of gendang solo. Piano solo. Flute solo. Then combined power! Then encore. Then the end…

Quite a lot of familiar pieces were performed. Reality. Itsumo Nando demo. La Spagnola. Somewhere out there. All these were 04/05harmoc songs ~ bring out the fondest memories man. Then Dachangjin’s Onara. Teresa Teng’s YueLiangDaiBiaoWodeXin. Perhaps X3. Stand By Me. Zapin songs. Malay Love Song. Hayat. Wave of Hope. Puppet on a string. Rivers of Babylon. Sway. Save the Last Danc for Me. Lv dao xiao ye qu. Story of Love… wah. They must have spent damn long practicing so many songsss..

Eh. Time flies during the concert ~ which means that it was really enjoyable! Unlike those super slow pace concerts that I have attended, eclectic has stolen my 2hour but actually I din lose anything ;)

Got some question marks tho. Why the bass strength was reduced? Most of the time couldnt really hear bass harmonica and sumtimes the doube-bass was out of tune la. And then shld have printed soloists and the quintet names for itsumo nando and some where out there la. Then during one song with angklung, the two harmoc J1s were like kaylehfay lah. Kinda sad lor. Gal emcee was chio but then what is harmonic band? And. Mr. cheng? Haha. And finally why never played Blue Tango??? Quite sad coz they changed harmoc tee design =(

Surprises and “patterns” from angklung [Guest performers. Malay dance. disco tempo song] catches audience’s eyes and ears. But compared to that, harmoc’s fantastic duet and certain “patterns” didn’t lose out much also. Mayb next time can add in short musical or alumni guest performers! *ahem*

Anyhow. It’s definitely worth it for me to travel to Singapore just for this angklung+harmoc concert. The integration [dx…whoops] of angklung and harmoc was nice nice nice nice nice. Nice job juniors! ;) Kudos for Mr.Tang and En. Dzul! Three cheers for harmoc and angklung!

Man I miss harmoc band.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin