
Once again i would like to stress that. IRONING SARX
It was a very happening and also one of the slackiest weeks for me. Spent most of the time crowd around the Prophet corridor or corners in the office where we wont be spotted for snake-eating, while a section of the department was away for some conference.
Tuesday. When I woke up, the room was a little bit brighter than usual. Checked the time and I was terribly later than usual. 8.00 am. Wad the. Decided to do mentos stunt since it was impossible for me to reach office on time anyway. Took bus from the hall bus stop and then transferred to the train before arriving at the office tower. It was 9.30 am. Deliberately bring nothing to work that day so that I look as if I just came back from, perhaps, the pantry when I step into the actuarial dept. Haha. And it worked, the mentos stunt.
Thursday. Went for the long awaited k-session after work. Over the dinner at Macs, discovered that I was actually not alone who did the Year 1 heroic action. It was amazing to find connections and to draw similarities with people who have been always around you, but you just got to know them much better through chances like, for example, coincidentally intern-ing near to each other’s office during the attachment period. Haha. Anyway it was a great fun night. Four of us sang till our voice cracked. And we decided that for next time, the sequence of the songs has to be revised based on the difficulties. Haha.
While waiting for some mega macro to run that day, Senior J seated next to me. I asked him about the ultimate pricing sheet for a new product. Asked him about the secret method to see through the thousands of inter-sheet connected cells in excel.
“You need to have a very big brain, to be able to do your mind map, and to visualize everything in it.”Big brain eh.
Am feeling lucky to be in this department of the company. At least, I get to do actuarial-related-though-mundane stuff, not having time to doze off and being the topic of discussion of co-workers from the other departments. Oops.
**
And realized that, I am a pig. Ben Si Le.
No comments:
Post a Comment